Junior Software Engineer / Programmer / Developer
Salary: Highly Competitive
See things from a different perspective
Would you like to spend a year working for a highly respected, global, multi-million pound, award winning digital marketing agency that has doubled growth, year on year since 2008?
We’re pretty amazing at what we do and our clients love us (75% of our revenue last year came from repeat clients); which is why we’ve doubled our growth year on year to become the UK’s leading digital marketing agency for the education sector. On top of our digital marketing expertise our clients love our proprietary marketing software, www.bigtopapp.com that’s had over 1 million users in the last 12 months, generating experiences, engagement and thousands of leads for our happy clients.
To help with our continued growth of the software, we’re looking for a talented software engineer to join our small but perfectly formed team. As Software Engineer/Developer, you will be helping with the production, modification and continuing enhancement of our award winning SaaS product. This involves working closely with our product and tech teams to turn their vision into elegant code and a rich user experience. It’s a great opportunity to learn about cutting edge technologies and software development in a friendly team atmosphere.
Of course, you’ll have..
- A Passion for technology and software development
- An interest in emerging web technologies
Server side development experience
- The desire to learn
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Web Development would be of benefit, but all candidates will be considered on merit and experience
And you’ll have all of this…
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Perform well as part of a team and in collaborative projects
- Capable of working independently and off own initiative
- Quick to learn and adapt to new technologies
And you will love making beautiful things with these tools (if you haven’t got them all, don’t worry, we’ll train you)…
- Experience of version control systems such as Git
- Linux/Unix command line experience
- Mongo DB or any other NoSQL experience
- Dev-ops knowledge (Apache, nginx, vagrant, docker)
- Test driven development experience
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies
And what’s in it for you? Not only will you receive a fantastic salary, we pay for training, mobile phones, gym and pension, with 25 days/year holiday and we operate a bi-annual profit share for all staff.
So come on…speak to a real person now. firstname.lastname@example.org