How to Target on Instagram
With the exciting launch of Instagram Advertising comes new targeting capabilities. As the first Digital Education Marketing Agency in the UK to launch an Instagram Campaign with Lewisham Southwark College, we’ve got a pretty good idea of what will make your Instagram campaigns cut through (click here for top tips). But in terms of targeting, how does it work?
- Instagram is owned by Facebook meaning targeting will work in a similar way.
- If a prospect has both Facebook and Instagram accounts, advertisers can target prospects on Instagram using their Facebook data. For example, age, gender, location, interests and so on.
- What’s more exciting is that we are able to take existing data (email addresses) and match them to Instagram, reaching students who have previously engaged with your institution.
- Similarly, we can find students that ‘look like’ your current data, improving the accuracy of our targeting.
- The ads will be known as direct response meaning that prospects will be able to click straight through to the institution’s website.
- Tracking also works in a similar way to Facebook and advertisers can use the Facebook conversion pixel to measure conversions on Instagram.
Still confused and want to create an impressive campaign that wows? Contact Net Natives today for insight and expertise into how to do just that.